History of the Cornell Mathematics Department
Mathematics has been an important part of Cornell from the University's beginnings 150 years ago. These pages tell about the history of the Department of , its students, and its faculty.
- Reunion 2020 Virtual Walk, Multimedia on the Department's history.
- Cornell Department History, a history page maintained by Laurent Saloff-Coste.
- 150 Years in a Nutshell, a brief summary of the Department's history.
- Department Chairs from 1868 to the present time.
- Celebrating Majors Men and women who studied mathematics as Cornell undergraduates.
- The history of the Graduate Program.
- Noteworthy Graduate Students - Selected individuals who earned advanced degrees in mathematics at Cornell
- Noteworthy faculty members from 1868 through 1978.
- Women have been part of the faculty at Cornell since 1917.
- Cornell Faculty and former graduate students at the International Congress of Mathematicians.
- The history of the Oliver Club.
- Special Oliver Club honoring James Edward Oliver's life and work as a suffragist.
- Sesquicentennial Historical Notes:
- About Ernst Ritter, who died in 1895 while en route to Cornell.