You are here
Dynamics, Probability and PDEs in Pure and Applied Mathematics
This NSF supported Research Training Group (DMS-1645643; September 1st 2017-August 31 2022) provides research training at the nexus of dynamics, probability, and PDEs. Two themes are emphasized: the interplay between theory and applications, and the importance of communicating mathematical ideas across fields and to diverse audiences.
This project is led by Steve Strogatz (PI) and Tim Healey, Laurent Saloff-Coste, Genady Samorodnitsky and Alexander Vladimirsky (co-PIs).
Centered around the graduate fields of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics and the Center for Applied Mathematics (CAM), the project will also involve faculty and students from the graduate fields of Computer Science (CS), Operation Research (OR) and Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (TAM).
- Summer Research for Undergraduates 2018
- 11th Cornell Probability Summer School
- Summer Research for Undergraduates 2019
- David Bindel (Computational PDE and Network Dynamics)
- John Guckenheimer (Dynamics)
- John Hubbard (Dynamics, Geometry)
- Lionel Levine (Probability, Dynamics, Combinatorics)
- Andreea Minca (Probability and applications)
- Mark Lewis (Applied Probability)
- Philip Sosoe (Probability and PDEs, Statistical Physics)
- Alex Townsend (Computational PDE and Analysis)
- Andy Borum (Analysis, PDE)
- Christian Noack (Probability)
Participant support under DMS-1645643 is restricted to US citizen and US Permanent residents. Additional support provided by other resources including Cornell graduate programs, external fellowships and faculty research grants.
- Pamela Badian-Pessot (OR, Lewis)
- Hanna Cairns (Mathematics, Levine)
- Elliot Cartee (Mathematics, Vladimirsky)
- Swee Hong Chan (Mathematics, Levine)
- John Chavis (CAM, Lewis/Pender)
- Zaoli Chen (Mathematics, Samorodnitsky)
- Emily Fisher (OR, Samorodnitsky)
- Marc Gilles (CAM, Townsend)
- Cory Girard (OR, Lewis)
- Lila Greco (Mathematics, Levine)
- Matt Hin (CAM, Guckenheimer)
- Andrew Horning (CAM, Townsend)
- Qi Hou (Mathematics, Saloff-Coste)
- Kelsey Houston-Edwards (Mathematics, Saloff-Coste)
- Aurya Javeed (CAM, Guckenheimer)
- Eric Lee (CS, Bindel)
- Jingbo Liu (Mathematics, Saloff-Coste)
- Xiaoyang Lu (OR, Samoridnitsky)
- Ariah Klages-Mundt (CAM, Minca/Banerjee)
- Bertrand Ottino-Loffler (CAM, Strogatz)
- Shrinidhi Pandurangi (TAM, Healey)
- Irena Papst (CAM, Strogatz)
- Zhengdi Shen (CAM, Vladimirsky)
- Julian Sun (OR, Samorodnitsky)
- Yuwen Wang (Mathematics, Saloff-Coste)
- Lifan Wu (OR, Samorodnitsky)
Postdoctoral associates (RTG visiting Assistant Professors)
These are 3 year postdoctoral positions open to US citizen and US Permanent residents. See Positions Available.
A search is expected for one postdoctoral position starting on July 1st 2018. Applicants will be required to apply electronically at http://www.mathjobs.org .