Combinatorics, topology, geometry, and commutative algebra
My research centers on the interplay between combinatorics, geometry/topology and algebra with a special emphasis on matroids and combinatorial properties of simplicial complexes.
- Projection volumes of hyperplane arrangements (with C. Klivans), Discrete and Computational Geometry, 46 (2011), 417-426.
- Socles of Buchsbaum modules (with I. Novik), complexes and posets Adv. in Math., 222 (2009), 2059-2084.
- Face enumeration: from spheres to manifolds, J. Europ. Math. Soc., 11 (2009), 449-485.
- Topological representations of matroids, J. Amer. Math. Soc., 16(2003), 427-442.
- Matroids and quotients of spheres, Math. Zeit., 241 (2002), 247-269.