You are here
Adjunct Associate Professor (Retired)
Geometry, history of mathematics, educational mathematics, automata theory
- David W. Henderson, Daina Taimina, Experiencing Geometry:Euclidean and non-Euclidean with History, 4th edition, 2020, open access at https://projecteuclid.org/ebooks/books-by-independent-authors/experiencing-geometry/toc/10.3792/euclid/9781429799850
- Crocheting Adventures with Hyperbolic Planes: Tactile Mathematics, Art and Craft for all to Explore, Second Edition, CRCPress, 2018.
- Crocheting Algorithms (with Giesela Baurman), The Cornell Journal of Architecture, 9: Mathematics, 2012, pp. 105-112
- Crocheting Adventures with Hyperbolic Planes, AK Peters, 2009. (Winner of the 2012 Euler Prize from the Mathematical Association of America)
- Concrete models and dynamic instruments as early technology tools in classrooms at the dawn of ICMI: from Felix Klein to present applications in mathematics classrooms in different parts of the world (with Maria G. Bartolini-Bussi and Masami Isoda), ZDM The International Journal on Mathematics Education, vol. 42, No.1, February 2010, pp. 19-31.