You are here
Adjunct Associate Professor (Retired)
Geometry, history of mathematics, educational mathematics, automata theory
- How to use history to clarify common confusions in geometry (with D. W. Henderson); Chapter 6 in From Calculus to Computers: Using Recent History in the Teaching of Mathematics, MAA Notes 68 (2005), 57–73.
- Experiencing Geometry: Euclidean and Non-Euclidean with History (with D. W. Henderson), 3rd Edition, Prentice-Hall, 2005.
- Boolean functions with a low polynomial degree and quantum query algorithms (with R. Freivalds and others), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3381 (2005), p. 408–.
- Experiencing meanings in geometry (with D. W. Henderson); chapter 3 of Mathematics and the Aesthetic (Nathalie Sinclair, David Pimm, William Higginson, eds.), CMS Books in Mathematics, Springer, 2006, pp. 58–83.
- Historical mechanisms for drawing curves; in Hands On History (Amy Shell-Gellasch, ed.), MAA Notes 72, 2007, pp. 89–104.
- Crocheting Adventures with Hyperbolic Planes, AK Peters, 2009.
- Concrete models and dynamic instruments as early technology tools in classrooms at the dawn of ICMI: from Felix Klein to present applications in mathematics classrooms in different parts of the world (with Maria G. Bartolini Bussi and Masami Isoda), ZDM: The International Journal on Mathematics Education (to appear).