TA Professional Development
You are here
The Mathematics Department offers a number of opportunities for TA professional development, including a three (half) day program for new TAs that occurs each Fall. Additional workshops, seminars, class observations, and mentoring opportunities are offered as students progress through the program.
- Sample schedule and description of program.
- First day of recitation checklist.
- Getting started TAing in math manual.
- Peer observation form.
Seminars, Workshops and Courses
Courses and certifications can be added to your CV, and demonstate your commitment to developing as an instructor.
- Mathematics Department Teaching Seminar.
- ALS 6014: Theater Techniques for Enhancing Teaching.
- ALS 6015: Teaching in Higher Education.
- Teaching & Learning in a Diverse Classroom Online Course.
- Get Set Workshop Certificates.
- Mathematics Association of America Instructional Practices Guide.
- Mathematics Association of America Handbook for Teaching Assistants.
- Mathematics Graduate Student Resources. These are general professional development resources, with information about paper writing, grant applications, giving talks, applying for jobs, and more. Thanks to Dan Margalit for collecting these in one place.