You are here
Goldwin Smith Professor Emeritus of Mathematics
Probability theory, limit theorems, percolation theory
I am a probabilist. My main research interests are percolation theory and random walks, and in general I like to dabble in models inspired by statistical mechanics.
- Products of random matrices (with H. Furstenberg), Ann. Math. Statist. 31(1960), 457–469.
- Hitting Probabilities of Single Points for Processes with Stationary Independent Increments, Memoir no. 93, Amer. Math. Soc. (1969).
- Percolation Theory for Mathematicians, Birkhäuser, Boston, 1982.
- Aspects of first-passage percolation; in Ecole d'été de Probabilités de Saint-Flour XIV, (P. L. Hennequin, ed.), Lecture Notes in Math 1180, Springer-Verlag, 1986, pp. 125–264.
- On the speed of convergence in first-passage percolation, Ann. Appl. Probab. 3(1993), 296–338.